Membership Recruitment & Sales Manager, The Philadelphia Design Center
THE PHILADELPHIA DESIGN CENTER
The Philadelphia Design Center (a program of Partners for Sacred Places), located in the Grays Ferry neighborhood, works to advance and support the efforts of Philadelphia’s design talent at all levels of experience. The Design Center is dedicated to providing advanced software technology and textile facilities to assist in the creation process for designers.
Since its opening on March 31, 2016, The Philadelphia Design Center (www.phillydesigncenter.org) has not only had a significant impact on its individual members, creators, and designers, but also on their audiences, consumers, and clients throughout the Greater Philadelphia region and beyond. The Center offers clean, safe space that holds within its walls the technology, tools, hardware, and software essential to the region’s most talented emerging and advanced designers. With our Vectorworks® software, plotter printer, full fabric and wig workshop, designers no longer have to work in solitude. The presence of the Center provides a unique opportunity for collaboration and innovation. The Center is available 24/7/365 for its members and has price points for every level of a designer’s career. The Philadelphia Design Center is located at 1313 S. 33rd Street.
- Report directly to the Philadelphia Design Center Manager and work in tandem with the Center’s Programming & Operations Manager
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all Philadelphia Design Center membership inquiries
Recruitment & Sales
- Entire focus of this position is on recruitment, membership sales, and membership renewals
- Network with and engage in communications with potential new sources of membership
- Communicate with lapsed members in order to engage them to re-join the Center.
- Develop membership renewal protocol to ensure more consistent membership levels and reduce attrition
- Review and suggest new membership levels to give clarity to our membership process
- Will be expected to maintain a sales volume to generate two net memberships per month from start of contract through December 2018
- Qualified applicants must have:
- At least 2-3 years experience in the arts & design sector in the Philadelphia region
- Willingness to make direct contact via email AND phone with all sources of membership
- Knowledge of areas of designer concentrated individuals (i.e. universities, maker spaces, area shops, and museums)
- Flexibility to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the Philadelphia Design Center
- Other desirable qualities include:
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Philadelphia cultural sector and an established network of contacts
- Clear and effective communication skills (public speaking, discussion facilitation)
- Experience in individual sales as well as group sales
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities
- This is an hourly position paid at $20/hour with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- If successful, this part time position will be extended beyond December 2018.
- Reimbursement available for travel and incidental expenses directly attributable to membership sales generation.
Email your resume and cover letter with three references to email@example.com
Application deadline is Wednesday, July 25, 2018.